So you’ve probably landed here because you were a lot like I was! You kept stumbling across all of these Instagramer’s pictures of these epic looking healthy coffee recipes, and you NEEDED to know what was up about this cashew coffee! Maybe you were like me and used to drink dairy based lattes ALL of the time and learned through doing a round of Whole30 or a suggestion from a friend that dairy isn’t so great for us like we’ve always thought! I know, I know, “What in the world am I going to drink for my coffee?” Girl, It is ALL good! When I discovered this EPIC cashew coffee recipe, it changed my life forever! Get excited, because I’m about to break this simple magic down for you!
• Cashews are rich in Plant Based Protein – I do intermittent fasting and typically won’t eat my first meal until 12pm. This nourishing, hot, and satisfying beverage in the morning gives me heart eyes!
• Cashews can boost your immune system because they are FULL of zinc, copper, and magnesium!
• Cashews contain POTENT antioxidants like Vitamins E & A! Both can support a healthy heart, immune, and skin system!
•Cashews are extremely nutrient dense and provide a lot of vitamins, minerals, and protein that aid in supporting weightloss!
You can see that Cashew Coffee is not only creamy and delicious, but it is an incredibly healthy coffee creamer alternative packed FULL of nutrients and healthy fats! This is why I LOVE working with cashews in my coffee! I rarely do dairy, and if I do (hello Jeni’s Ice Cream), it’s typically an “all organic, straight from the udder” kinda approach! Give me all the realness!
Much (almost all) of the dairy industry today is pretty corrupt and the milk you’re buying at the grocery store is not the healthy stuff that you thought it was! There is much evidence today about the damage that dairy can do to your health, specifically an autoimmune component, and it’s the reason I searched and search for a cashew coffee recipe! So here ya go, sister! Here’s all the nutty goodness!
•1/4 cup of (preferred) organic raw whole unsalted cashews
•Lavender Essential Oil (optional)
•1/2 tsp of SunPotion Lion’s Mane (optional) – mental clarity and nervous system support
•Organic Cinnamon to sprinkle (optional)
1.Pour coffee into blender – I use a Vitamix and will never use any other blender ever! SO good!
3. Turn blender on low, once incorporated, change to high for 1 minute. (If you do not have a powerful blender, I recommend soaking your cashews over night in equal cups water as cashews, drain in am, and add to blender. This will make them softer).
4. Once coffee turns creamy and pieces look like they are well incorporated, turn off!
5. Turn on Juvenile’s “Slow Motion For Me” and slowly pour that Cashew Coffee Magic into your Ember…..or if you’re life hasn’t been changed by that amazingness yet, just a regular mug! Top with cinnamon, and snag that picture to throw up on social and make all your friend jealous!
6. If you’re looking for a cashew coffee creamer to store in the fridge for a few days vs. this single serving recipe, you can skip to the bottom for my recipe!
You can literally make ANY healthy coffee recipe that you want with the base of cashews and coffee! My favorite way to fancy up my coffee is using powders, essential oils, and spices!
•Collagen Protein is ALWAYS a good option to add to coffee! I will do a scoop of this quite often! You can’t taste it at all and it’s POWERHOUSE nutrition for the gut and body!
•Again, if the cashews don’t well incorporate in your blender, try soaking the cashews over night. Drain them and add to recipe in the morning! This should help soften them up!
•Get creative! There are so many delicious simple coffee recipes out there that you mimic and make with clean ingredients! This Cashew Coffee is a GREAT base, so creamy, and SO delicious!
•1 cup raw unsalted cashews
• filtered water (see directions for amount)
(This will need to sit for at least 6 hours or overnight, just FYI)
1. Add cashews to mason jar that holds at least 2 cups
2. Add 1 cup of filtered water
3. Let sit over night in fridge
4. In AM, drain water
5. Pour cashews into high powered blender (I recommend the Vitamix)!
6. Add 1 cup of fresh filtered water
7. Blend on high for 3 minutes
8. Pour Cashew Coffee Creamer into a bottle that can squirt or pour creamer. It will be thick so you will have to shake it up when using! This is FRESH stuff so it will need a little more TLC, but WORTH IT!
9. Add cashew coffee creamer as desired, stir, and enjoy!
Please be aware that because this cashew coffee creamer is FRESH and without preservatives, you don’t want to us a batch for more than 3-4 days! It will start to go bad! This is one reason I enjoy the single morning cup! If your a busy one-the-go person, this might be a good and healthy coffee creamer option for you! Please be mindful that you may also have to stir your cup of coffee as you are drinking because it will want to naturally try to separate from the coffee! This is still a REALLY delicious cashew coffee creamer and you can flavor it up as you please! The possibilities are endless! It is also paleo & whole30 friendly!
I hope this dreamy recipe brings you as much joy and love as it has me!